HOW TO GET ACCESS
You can borrow the Flight Sim gear during the office hours of one of our execs from the Clubs Room at the McConnel Engineering Building. The Exec Office hours for Fall 2016 will be posted in the month of September.
- You can check it out at the beginning of the office hour and check in at the end.
- To check out, the exec will keep either your McGill ID or a Government Issued ID (with your Name and Photo) which will be returned to you during check-in.
- You can check-out the equipment for a maximum of 2 hours at a time.
- You will be responsible for the safety of the equipment while it’s in your possession.
- In case of loss or damage, you will be required to pay the full cost of the equipment.
- You can only use the equipment on-campus.
- You will need to have some simulation software installed on your computer like Microsoft FS or X-Plane etc. If you’re not sure, speak to an exec during office hours.
Ground School Supplement
The Flight Sim gear may also be used by instructors during Ground School to explain important theoretical concepts and run simulations on navigation, flight operations, failures etc. Therefore, Ground School students will get priority to use the Flight Sim gear.